Chart A New Course with Future Cartographic
As an artist-led studio, our work is driven by curiosity, grounded in community and culture, and backed up by nearly 20 years of experience with national campaigns, effective nonprofits, entrepreneurs, and socially-engaged artists.
Writing & Editing
- Edit and develop op-eds and opinion pieces for major outlets
- Write, target, and send newsletters to keep your community engaged
- Editing and feedback on everything from blogs and social media to literary work of any length, fiction or nonfiction
Marketing & Technology
- Build audience, build community and find new clients
- Create branding language, logos, type, and photo guidelines that match your project’s goals with the needs of your audience
- Evaluate and implement cost-effective email and website tools
- Develop a sustainable and impactful content strategy
Design for Web & Print
- Full website designs and graphics for social media, email, blog posts
- Layout of reports, postcards, marketing materials, pizza boxes, t-shirts, bumper stickers, and more
- Design for art books, poetry collections, literary projects and just about anything else you can print
- Engage audiences in-person on issues that matter
- Collect stories to fuel your advocacy
- Create meaningful experiences in collaboration with your community
Explore our portfolio:
is the work
We bring together skills in design, writing, editing, branding and marketing, but the core of our work is always collaboration.
Our approach views every relationship as collaborative. Working with Future Cartographic on your next project is an opportunity to tap in to new insights, build understanding and to co-create great work together.
Erik Moe is the founder of Future Cartographic and its Chief of Expeditions. Erik has worked on marketing, design and digital for organizations and activists making a difference for over 20 years. He is a writer and artist who brings a lifelong study of socially-engaged arts practices to his collaborations with clients and artists alike. [Full bio and C.V.]
Future Cartographic began in 2015 as a pairing of art and fiction writing to build dialogue around issues such as cultural erasure, affordable housing, livability and the climate crisis. Since then, it has grown to become an umbrella for a growing set of projects all united through creative collaboration on work that matters.
Future Cartographic’s explorations and research have built relationships with socially-engaged artists, designers, writers, activists and creators in Washington, D.C., across North America and beyond. We’re ready to reach out and activate these relationships for new collaborations, and to bring on board help from the network when needed.
Interested in working for or collaborating with Future Cartographic, with our clients, or on arts initiatives? Drop a line!
I have worked closely with Erik Moe on FIA’s creative and writing projects and he is absolutely amazing. Erik is trustworthy, assertive without being pushy, and he is able to pivot with ease as new business and political developments unfold.Kenya Wiley
Fashion Innovation Alliance
Working with Erik is more like collaborating with a business partner than contracting out to a consultant. His expertise in branding and marketing has elevated my ability to more successfully reach my target market which has translated into numerous customer conversions.Danielle Glosser
Client Raiser, LLC
Ready to Start?
Ready to explore and chart your course with Future Cartographic? Let’s talk. Click the big red button to send an email right now.